Name: Clarence Arguile 10/1398A
Date of Birth: 1892
Clarence: Monrad Street, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Parents: When enlisted: Park Road, Anstey
Medals sent to: 14, Albion Street, Anstey
Joseph Arguile (Shoe Rivetter) and Alice
Occupation before the war: Soldier, Steward on ship, Farmer in NZ
James b 1874 | John C b 1889 | Sarah b 1879 | Richard Henry b1890
Alice Eliza b1881 | Joseph Albert b 1897 | George H b 1883
Date Died: 8.8.1915
Place of Death: Chunuk Bair
Place of Burial/Memorial:
Cause of death: Killed in Action
1914 – 15 Star
British War Medal
Any other information (e.g. Service Record/ appearance etc)
- 1911 Census Royal Marine Barracks East Stonehouse Devon
- Residing in New Zealand when he signed up.
- 1st February 1913 went to New Zealand as third class steward on steamer owned by Shaw Saville and Albion co.from Plymouth heading for Wellington.
- He underwent his medical examination on 24 / 25 November 1914 and enlisted at Trentham, New Zealand on 20 December 1914.
- His description records that on enlistment he was 22 years 10 months old, 5 feet 9 inches in height and weighed 145 lb. He was of dark complexion with brown eyes and hair and his religious profession was Congregationist.
- His medical examination records that apart from a “slight left varicocele” he was passed as fit for active service by Dr C W Peach, Medical Officer.