Name: Gunner Arthur Caleb Geary L/ 32409
Date of Birth: June 1877
Address: Stadon Road, Anstey
William Geary (Framework Knitter) d.1898 and Lucy d 1911
Occupation before the war: Shoe Laster
Catherine b 1866 | Emma b 1868 | Kate b 1871 | William b 1873 | Florence b 1875 |
Charles b 1876 | Frederick b 1879 | Ada b 1874
Date Died: 22.7.17
Place of Death: West Belgium
Place of Burial/Memorial: La Clytte Military Cemetery
Cause of death: Killed in Action
“d” Battery, 236th Brigade
Royal Field Artillery
Any other information (e.g. Service Record/ appearance etc)
- Married Annie Eliza Freeman 25/12/1902 at St Barnabus Leicester.
- They had 4 children Arthur Edward born 1905; Florence Annie born 1907; Sidney born 1910; Winifred b 1913.
- Arthur enlisted in Leicester on 7th September 1914. He stated that he had previously served with 3rd Battalion Leicester Regiment for 2 years.
- He was 37 years and 100 days old.
- He was enlisted into the Reserve until he was called up by the army council.
- In 1914 he forfeited 5 days pay for staying over his pass return dates
- He was discharged from the army on 22.2.15 on the grounds as medically unfit to be an efficient soldier.
- He obviously re enlisted into the Royal Field Artillery at a later date but can find no reord of when and why.