Name: Private Albert Toone 29806
Date of Birth: September 1890
Parents:Woodbine Cottage, Forest Gate, Anstey
Albert: Wortley Cottages, Elmesthorpe
Albert (Boot and shoe packer)
Occupation before the war: Bricklayer
Emma b.1883 | Sarah Hannah b1885 | Annie Mary b.1887 d. 1918
Evelyn b.1889 | Wilfred b.1895
Place of Death: In the field in France
Place of Burial/Memorial: Tyne Cot Mem., Zonnebeke, West Vlaanderen, Belgium
Cause of death: Killed in action
Durham Light Infantry
British War medal
Any other information (e.g. Service Record/ appearance etc)
- Enlisted 16.8.1916
- Height 5’6” and weighed 132lbs.
- Albert refused permission to be vaccinated.
- He said he had previously served with the 4thLeicester Regiment
- Living at Wortley Cottages, Elmesthorpe when he enlisted.
- Married Leah Smith 3.4.1915
- Children: Lawrence Kenneth b.18.10.1915 and Albert William b.26.1.18
- Albert was admitted to the 7 Canadian Hospital, Etaples, France on 5.10.1917 suffering from a gunshot wound in his back.
- Wife and children were living at 44, Dannett Street, King Richards Road, Leicester when he died.
- Sister, Evelyn, married George Pollard, who survived WW1