Name: Private Harry Yeomans Toone 40124
Date of Birth: July 1886
Address: The Gables,Forest Gate, Anstey
Henry( a builder – employer)
Occupation before the war: Bricklayer (assume he is working in the family business)
Place of Death: Ypres
Place of Burial/Memorial: Xx D 2, Hooge Crater Cemetery Zillebeke, Belgium
Cause of death: Killed in action
North Staffordshire(Prince of Wales’s) Regiment
British War Medal
Any other information (e.g. Service Record/ appearance etc)
- Enlisted in Leicester
- Formerly 11/25825, Leicester Regt.
- Married Harriett Elizabeth Grimes on 2ndSeptember 1918, only 27 days before his death
- When killed, Harry was identified by his disc.
- His widow was living at 8, Victoria Cottages, Groby, Leics, probably with her parents
- Left his money to his widow.
4th (Extra Reserve) Battalion
- August 1914:in Lichfield. Moved on mobilisation to Guernsey, on to Marske in October 1916 and by March 1917 was at Saltburn.
- June 1917:moved to Westerner and came under orders of 200th Brigade, 67th Division.
- 7 October 1917:left the Division and moved to France, landing at Le Havre. Placed under command of 167th Brigade in 56th (London) Division.
- 15 November 1917:transferred to 106th Brigade in 35th Division.
- 3 February 1918:transferred to 105th Brigade in same Division.