Name: Private John Newton, 15929
Date of Birth: 1896
Address: Forest Gate, Anstey
William (Stone quarryman)
Occupation before the war: Stone quarryman
James William b 1884 | Annie Elizabeth B.1886 | Albert b1889 |
Date Died: 15.5.1917
Place of Death: Le Treport
Place of Burial/Memorial: Iii H 8b, Mont Huon Military Cemetery, Le Treport
Cause of death: Died of wounds
1914 – 15 Star
Any other information (e.g. Service Record/ appearance etc)
- Enlisted at either Leicester or Coalville on 9th November 1914, when he was 19 years old. Both places appear on 2 sepaterte forms.
- He was 5’ 4 and a half ins tall and weighed 142lbs.
- He had brown hair and blue eyes.
- His effects and medals were sent to Mrs Mary Newton, Forest Gate.
- His sister’s husband, William Harratt, also died as a result of the war in 1920
- He left £22 to Mary his mother