Name: Private Tom Ball 1187
Date of Birth: September1888
Address: 15, Middle Street, Leicester
Parents Names: Henry Ball (General Labourer) and Eliza
Occupation before the war: Rubber hand at Midland Railway Goods Shed
William Lee b 1872 (Step) | David Dunkley b 1891 (Step) | Fred Ball Lee b 1880 (Step) | William Dunkley b 1893 (Step) | George Lee b 1891 | Caroline Dunkley b 1895 Step)
Date Died: 1.5.1915
Place of Death: Northern France
Place of Burial/Memorial:
Plot 2, Row B, Grave 3, Le Treport Military Cemetery, N France
Cause of death:
Gunshot wound in back on 30.4.15.
4th Battalion, Leicestershire Regiment
1914 – 15 Star
Any other information (e.g. Service Record/ appearance etc)
- Enlisted Leicester 1.6. 1910
- Spent first 4 years in U.K.
- Reengaged for 2 years on 1.6.1914
- Went to France on 2nd March 1915, landing at Le Harve
- Married to Mabel by time he enlisted.
- Child Vera Ball, b 5th February 1908, was awarded a pension after his death
- When died her address was given as 8, Corah Street, Dun’s Lane
- In 1919 Mabel had remarried and was Mrs Bent
- In 1916 Mabel was living at 16, Corah Street and Vera was living with her widowed grandfather (Henry Ball) at 48, Outram Street, Leicester