Name: Private William J Hudson, 7025
Date of Birth: 1.121882
Brother: Cropston Road, Anstey,
Francis Hudson (Riveter)
Sarah d. 1910 in Derbyshire (Housekeeper in 1901)
Occupation before the war: Shoe hand
Henry Johnson b 1880
Date Died: 25.8.1917
Place of Death: France
Place of Burial/Memorial: Philosophe British Cem., Mazingarbe, France
Cause of death: Killed in action
Regiment: 1st 5th Battalion, Leicestershire Regiment
Any other information (e.g. Service Record/ appearance etc)
- Joined the Royal Navy 28.10.1902 service no 351151
- Ships served on: Victory; Plymouth Hoop; Vivid 1
- Discharged 1903 services not required
- Death commemorative certificate states he was a native of Derby where he enlisted 4.8.1903 aged 19.
- He was 5 ft 4 inches tall and weighed 113lbs
- When William enlisted he stated that he had been a member of the Royal Navy
- Mr Hudson, 71, Carrington Street, Derby crossed out on official document showing grave inscriptions and H.J. Hudson inserted.
- His scroll was sent to his father at the above address in 1920
- He left £20 to his brother Henry J, his sole legatee
- In 1901 Sarah was working as a housekeeper in Leicester and had only Henry with her.