Name: Rifleman George William Howlett, 69595
Date of Birth: 11.9.1891
Mother: Dalby Road, Anstey (formally The Green)
George: Tokomaru Bell’s Mill.
William Howlett deceased (Quarryman)
Hannah Lowe (formerly Howlett )
Occupation before the war: Flax Worker with the Bells Mill Company NZ
Siblings Names: Harold Edward b1907 died 1917
Date Died: 26.10.1918
Place of Death: France
Place of Burial/Memorial: Grevillers (new Zealand) Mem., France
Cause of death: Died of wounds
Regiment: 2nd Battalion, 3rd NZ (Rifle) Brigade
Any other information (e.g. Service Record/ appearance etc)
- Mother also known as Anna
- He enlisted on 20 September 1917, at Wanganui, New Zealand
- At the time of enlistment he had been resident in New Zealand for 3 ½ years.
- He gave Mrs Denderson of The Café de Paris, Palmerston North, New Zealand as a friend for contact purposes, although his mother was given as next of kin.
- He was 5 foot 9 ½ inches in height, weighed 134 pounds and had a chest measurement of 33 to 36 inches.
- His complexion was described as sallow with brown eyes and light brown hair.
- He gave his religion as Church of England.
- He left Hannah (Anna) £40 on his death