Name: Rifleman James William Martin, 51279
Date of Birth: 1890
Address: Park Road, Anstey
Walter Martin (Shoe Finisher)
Occupation before the war: Shoe heel builder
Florence b1892 | Albert Edward b1901 | Gertrude Evelyn b1903 | Constance May b 1905
Date Died: 27/09/1918
Place of Death: Sanders Keep, France
Place of Burial/Memorial: Sanders Keep Mil. Cem., Graincourt-les-havrincourt, France
Cause of death: Killed in action
The King’s( Liverpool Regiment)
No 2 Infantry
Any other information (e.g. Service Record/ appearance etc)
- Former unit was Leicestershire Regiment no 25142
- Enlisted into the Devonshire Regiment
- On the list of effects it says he died between the 27th and 29th Both dates are given on different sources.
- Left money to mother; brother, Albert; sisters, Gertrude and Connie
- 1911 census states that Constance had been deaf from birth.
- 1 identity disc; 1 cigarette case; pair of titles returned to his mother.