Name: Rifleman William Richard Pickett, A/200222
Date of Birth: 1876
William: Albion Street, Anstey
Father’s; 17 Tanero Crescent, Brooklyn, Wellington, New Zealand
William Richard Pickett (worker in shoe factory)
Elizabeth Huddleston d.1879
Occupation before the war: Shoe Riveter
No full blooded siblings: 8 half blood siblings
Date Died: 15.8.1917
Place of Death: Ypres
Place of Burial/Memorial: Ypres(menin Gate) Mem., Belgium
Cause of death: Killed in action
King’s Royal Rifle Corps
British War Medal
Any other information (e.g. Service Record/ appearance etc)
- In the 1881 census William Richard Picket was aged 4 living with his widowed father aged 26, on Church Lane as a lodger with the Richard Family. His mother was born in Goadby the same as Fanny Richards so probably sisters.
- In 1901 he was boarding with Pollie Smith and Family and working as a shoe maker at home.
- In 1911 he was Boarding with the Bruce Family in Albion Street Anstey
- His father remarried – Susannah Lowe – in 1882 and they had 8 children
- On 17th January 1913 his father, Step Mother and 7 members of his family left from London to Wellington NZ on the Ruahine. They were probably Thomas and his wife; Ellen; May; Albert; Evelen and Wilfred.
- Left his effects to his father William